That's what the check-out kid at Target asked me today, and it made me think. It's not the worst day I've ever had, but the best? Not by a long shot.
Reasons it's not the worst day I've ever had:
* Record-high heat wave. I love any reason to wear a skirt and flip flops.
* It's opening day!
* Every single piece of clothing I own is clean and either folded or hung up in its proper place. Except for the clothing that is currently on my person. First time ever this has happened since I lived at home, eight years ago.
Reasons it's not necessarily the best day I've ever had:
* Record-high heat wave coupled with humidity means I'm having major big hair issues.
* It's opening day and I'm already thinking, "There's always next year!" C'mon Cubbies! Seriously?!?
* Every piece of clothing I own is officially clean and hung in its proper place and I'm out of hangers. I officially have too many clothes. Must de-clutter and head to Goodwill.
* It's officially spider season again. About nineteen seconds ago I took a look at my planner to see a disgusting, hairy brown spider crawling across April 7th. Freakout ensued and said spider's guts are now embedded into my carpet and on the bottom of my left black flippy floppy. Eww.
* I tried the new dark cherry mocha at Starbucks and it tasted like NyQuil. Good news? I like NyQuil. Bad news? Don't think I like NyQuil mixed with espresso and chocolate. I'll go back to the old standard, caramel latte, on my next visit. Still glad I tried it, though.
* Poor Butler Bulldogs!
* I wandered through Target while on the phone with Katie (best part of my day, by the way) and threw everything in the cart that I needed except the one thing I really went to Target for - toilet paper. Grr...
* Did I mention it's spider season?
Thursday?
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment