Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To Be Continued posts...continued

1) Since I know you're all very curious, I would like to inform you that I haven't seen my new furry friend since the initial sighting (hallucination?) the other night. I suppose we'll chalk this one up to sleep deprivation.

2) The 25th and final spot on my "How to Better Your Mood in 25 Songs or Less" remains vacant, yet the playlist fulfilled its lifelong purpose today. I wouldn't say I was in a bad mood, but grey and lackluster seem appropriate here. I jumped in the shower and cranked the playlist. My normally short shower (generally a song and a half) lasted eleven songs. Eleven! By Grace Kelly I had grabbed the purple Aussie Sleek and Straight conditioner bottle to belt into. Sometime before Spoon I traded it in for my Aveda shampoo bottle, more microphone shaped and easier to hold. Then, sometime between the Dandy Warhols and Usher my fingers started to prune and I was worried my neighbors would report me for being too loud. Alas, I exited the shower in an immeasurably happy mood. It works, I swear.

3) I would like to dedicate this update to my oldest and dearest friend, Katie. I know being a mother of two is going to be amazing but incredibly challenging and the least I can do (since I haven't sent little Ben a "welcome to this world" package yet) is update my blog so that when you begin Internetting again, you have something fun to read. Hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

  1. We had a little furry friend once at my mom's house in Covington. It was a big mouse I dragged from the toilet in the basement and stuck in a shoebox to dry out overnight; but the little twerp chewed its way out and moved herself into our walls for the following year.

    ReplyDelete