It snowed here in Nashville yesterday and although we didn't exactly get the 6-10 inches the ever reliable weather.com predicted, there was plenty of the fluffy white stuff for sledding and ball-making. Now, I would like to make one thing clear, I don't hate snow. But it does have a time and a place and Nashville in late January is not it. I ventured out today for breakfast with a friend and it was quite the adventure. I consider myself a capable snowy weather driver and generally believe that my Civic can do anything she puts her mind to. However, I learned today that although I may be capable, 98% of people who live in Tennessee are not. It's not their fault, though, because apparently there's no such thing as a shovel or plow or salt here, and people don't know proper snowy driving etiquette (like don't come to a complete stop on the snow - ever). After a delicious Pancake Pantry breakfast, I'm home, safe and sound, with my snowed-in supplies - a case of Coke and plenty of Dunkin Donuts Cinnamon Spice coffee grounds. I want for nothing. Except maybe a hill on which to slide down. And for the maintenance people to splurge on a shovel.

My lone footprints on the sidewalk.
No comments:
Post a Comment