In other awesome news, I got a job offer from Starbucks! (And for those of you who don't think this is a big deal, it's a very big deal. I've dreamt about this for years. If I wasn't so freaked out by IVs, I'd mainline espresso. I honestly can't wait to have all of my clothes smell like coffee. Seriously.) I officially start my barista-ing on Tuesday and I totally can't wait to learn how to make a grande iced caramel latte. For real. We celebrated my return to the workforce with a yummy dinner at the Dixie Grill, a southern bbq joint with some Hawaiian flair and home of the Screamin' Mai Tai, one of my all-time favorite drinks (that I didn't order, for some reason).
On Saturday, the whole family headed into Waikiki to visit the animals at the Honolulu zoo. I'm so excited to be a zoo member! I'll be able to go to the zoo whenever I want. That is, after they mail my zoo card after a standard waiting period of 4 weeks. So many exciting things happening in 4 weeks! Anyway, the zoo was nice, the elephants were huge, the tigers were playing ball, and the giraffes were horny. As we walked past their habitat, a tour guide was telling a group of tourists that they were hoping to have a baby giraffe soon, and much to his surprise, he turned around and Daddy-to-be Giraffe was putting on quite a show of foreplay on the Mommy-to-be Giraffe. The tour guide's quote, "Oh, well, that looks promising." Naturally, we giggled. But I've never seen giraffe foreplay and I couldn't keep it in. It reminds me of the time when our whole family sat down to watch TV (I think I was 8 or 9) and someone was flipping through all the channels and my dad was getting mad so he grabbed the remote and said we were watching whatever was on and the dial landed on the Discovery Channel and we had to watch elephants mating for, like, 15 minutes. To be fair, it was educational, but also quite traumatic.

Today we headed to Kaneohe to the Marine Corps base for an air show/plane festival. The weather was gorgeous and the view of the mountains and ocean was breathtaking. When I said I would love to wake up with a view of those mountains every morning, Katie suggested I find myself a Marine to marry so I could, in fact, move to the base and wake up with that view. And I concur. The planes were huge and doing all kinds of tricks (I wish I knew technical terms to describe what I saw, but I don't, so high/awesome/swirly/whirly/fast/loud will have to do). The food was pretty yummy, too. I had a delicious meatball sub, a margarita, a caramel churro, and some kettle korn. And it was all scrumptious.
Then we came home to watch some DVR'd football. Go Colts! And that cute kid Austin Collie, who appears to be Peyton Manning's new go-t0 guy. Love it! (By the way, we're not talking about Notre Dame. It's not going to happen. I just won't do it. I don't want to say anything I'll regret later.)
Later, friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment