Saturday, February 6, 2010

TiVo's latest mistake

My TiVo and I generally have a pretty good relationship. Sure, it randomly deletes shows I haven't specifically tagged "save until I delete" to record the CBS Evening News, but its mistakes are minimal compared to its overall model behavior. After all, it apparently knows I love Joshua Jackson and has recorded every rerun of Dawson's Creek that has been on and all the Mighty Ducks movies. How can I ever be angry at something that knows the loveliness of JJ? And, it worked overtime to record every possible 25 Days of Christmas movie on ABC Family in December and the Make it or Break it marathon a couple of weeks ago. It deserves major kudos.

But hold your applause, folks. It recorded iCarly and Hannah Montana for me this week. WTF, TiVo? Have I ever thumbs-upped these shows? Have I ever expressed any interest in Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel? Yeah, I think not. However, it did get me to thinking about when I was a kid and ran out of books to read and the only thing left to do was watch Nickelodeon and the Disney Channel.

Remember Stick Stickly and his giant wheel of tv shows during the summer? I loved when there were 3 episodes of Salute Your Shorts in a row. I seriously loved that show. LOVED IT! Whatever happened to Donkey Lips? Anyone know? (I do remember his doppelganger was a classmate of mine at Drake, who often sat next to annoying question boy...)

And Hey Dude! Loved it! LOVED IT! I really wanted to learn how to ride after watching that show. And I'm pretty sure the reason I wanted to be a lifeguard was because of Melody. Anyone know whatever happened to Brad and Danny?

2 comments:

  1. Recently, during my enduring unemployment, I did a little Wikipedia research. I don't know what happened to these people, but it does make me happy to know that someone thinks about these shows too. And just so you know, during my years as Camp Director, I was nothing like Ug. (At least, I hope people don't think I was!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONKEY LIPS in history 101!!! Made my day, Malz.

    ReplyDelete